11.21.2011

Bold Statement: The Best Vegetarian Sandwich available in California.


 
Having worked at the Starbucks Coffee location in the Village[Corte Madera, Ca], I was privileged to be adjacent to San Francisco's finest bakery: Boudin Sourdough. The original breadmakers were discovered in 1849 when they reinvented the then popular French bread and introduced consumers to the unique tang added to their traditional French bread  creating "San Francisco Sourdough French bread".

But aside from their well-known bread, their vegetarian sandwich stands out from the typical deli version. I have had my fair share of average sandwiches eaten solely to quench my hunger, yet I go to Boudin just for this sandwich.  Within this impeccable item lies:


havarti & pepper jack cheese, avocado, red peppers, cucumbers, lettuce, red onion, tomatoes, sun-dried tomato spread, balsamic vinaigrette,multigrain bread










Equipped with natural and wholesome ingredients, Boudin will satisfy your hunger and your taste buds. In fact, their entire Menu is golden: even your pickiest eaters will be begging to come back tomorrow-



 P.S. In this particular sitting, I strayed away from my typical Sandwich and Soup Combo: the half sandwich and their unbelievably delicious Tomato Basil Soup (served with Parmesan cheese and homemade sourdough croutons; I apologize for making your mouth water if your in public), and tried their vegetarian Chili. 
When I first became Vegetarian(and later committed to my current diet of Pescatarianism), I caved in for chunky beef Chili with corn bread(oh, such a great combination!), so choosing to alter my usual comfort soup for the chance this chili could measure up to such a classic in my opinion made me excited, yet apprehensive at the same time. 

Boudin stood up to the challenge; the balance of spices, flavors, and ratio of beans to liquid pleased my palette. Knowing this was a limited time summer special made it that much more special, but don't worry; the Vegetarian sandwich is a staple on the Menu. For only $6.99, you're killing two birds with one stone: saving your bank account while delighting your soul. 


No comments:

Post a Comment